Hurricane Preparedness – LIVE event
UPDATE: Here is the video from the live event.
Here is a summation of the live hurricane preparedness segment we will be doing on 07-Sep-17.
- Excellent website for information, link here.
Our methodology is Mindset, Skills, Tactics. and Gear
Rule of Threes
- 3 minutes – Personal Safety – Evacuation Route and Mapping, Situational Awareness, Self-Defense, First Aid, Signaling
- 3 hours – Core Body Temp – Clothing, Bivy Sacks, MSS, Insulators
- 3 days – Water – Boiling, Purifiers, Drops
- 3 weeks – Food, Sea Rations, Ramen
- 3 months – Human Assistance
Most Common Things Overlooked
- Stated Plans
- Valuable Information
- Prescription Meds
- Financial account information
- Pets – shelters don’t accept them
Here is a quick video I did which was one of several segments for the Dan’s Depot Preparedness Course a couple of years ago. It is short and my presentation skills are much better now, but this still has some good info in it.
Craig Caudill is the Founder and Chief Instructor of Nature Reliance School. He specializes in teaching outdoor related topics to include, survival, tracking, go-bags, nature awareness and gun safety for private and public groups, and government agencies. Craig’s first book is Extreme Wilderness Survival from Page Street Publishing, distributed by Macmillan Publishing
Craig is a also frequent contributor to TV outlets, blog sites, magazines and is a popular online outdoor educator on his YouTube channel. Pick up the book, subscribe to him on youtube, or join Craig in a class so he can help you be more safe and aware in the outdoors.